Starting at 6 weeks
Babies are curious. They start learning with their senses before they crawl, walk or talk. Being in a safe and nurturing environment, parents can feel confident their infants are developing, growing and building skills for peak developmental cognitive performance.
Skills that Children Will Learn
In order to explore what is around them, infants use hearing, seeing, taste, touch and smell. At Chris’ Learning Center, Inc. we have a curriculum that aims to heighten their senses in order to create a solid base moving forward.
During infancy, some of the foundational skills are:
- Forming relationships with their parents and other caregivers
- Showing preferences for familiar voices and faces
- If frustrated or over stimulated, infants turn their heads or cry
- Learning to smile and making mouth noises
Infants learn at their own pace, and we provide the curriculum to help them grasp concepts.
- Touch and exploration activities
- Storytime and finger plays
- Art and sensory activities
- Gross motor activities
- Singing and movement activities
- Outside play (weather permitting)
- AM/PM diaper routines
- Snack time/Lunch